The XIX Nordic Political Science (NoPSA) Congress will be held at the University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland, August 10 th – 13 th , 2021.
As many of you know the NoPSA Congress which was supposed to be held in 2020 has been postponed until 2021. Out of 32 planned workshops, chairs of 31 workshops decided to continue their workshop for 2021. That still leaves space for additional workshops and the call for those has now been opened. A list and a short description of continued workshops is under “continued workshop” side.
Those interested in proposing an additional workshop are welcome to send workshop proposals to the NOPSA Board no later than November 15 th , 2020. Please submit your proposals in electronic form to the organizing committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
The proposals should contain a short description (about 200-300 words) of the intended workshop including the workshop title, topic, target groups, etc., and the names and institutional affiliations of the workshop leaders. For further information about what is expected (workshop leaders, size of workshop, codes of conduct) and a preliminary draft of the program.
The NoPSA board decides which workshops will be approved. This will be communicated to the applicants no later than by December 1 st . Shortly after that, or on December 10 th, a call for papers will open including both continued workshops and additional workshops.
An early bird fee, December 2020 until April 30 th 2021: 58.000 ISK
A late fee until July 1 st 2021: 70.000 ISK
Fee for doctoral students until July 1 st 2021: 58.000 ISK
- Each workshop should have two directors (chair and vice-chair). They select participants, plan the daily activities of the workshop and are responsible for ensuring that papers are circulated within the group well before the Congress starts.
- Workshops with leaders from different Nordic countries are prioritized when the NoPSA board approves workshops. Only under exceptional circumstances will workshops with leaders from the same university department or research institute be accepted.
- The NoPSA board may combine thematically related workshops whose number of participants is small. Workshops with 7 or fewer participants will normally not be allowed. An appropriate number of papers in each workshop would be on average 13-15, which gives an average of 45- 60 minutes per paper.
Participation and languages
- Participants are urged to attend every session of their workshop. Only exceptionally, and with the permission of the workshop leaders, may participants split time between different groups.
- As a rule Danish, Norwegian and Swedish should be spoken during workshop sessions. If any of the participants wish to present their paper and receive comments in English it should be possible. English speaking workshops are also allowed. Please indicate in your proposal if you
intend your workshop to be exclusively English speaking.